It's my personal opinion that if you're pregnant, you should definitely consider a maternity session especially if you happen to be pregnant during the fall. It's a beautiful time of year with the changing leaves, crisp air, and cozy feeling all around. Plus, it's a great way to celebrate your pregnancy and capture this special time in your life.
Here are some easy tips to help you prepare for a fall maternity session:
- Choose something comfortable and cute and that makes you feel beautiful. You can go for jeans and teeshirt, a beautiful flowy dress or a mix of both!
- If you can, choose a location that's meaningful to you. It could be a park, a forest, or even your neighbourhood. The colourful leaves make for a beautiful backdrop, and the natural light during the fall creates a warm and flattering glow. If you don't have a location that jumps out to you, I am more than happy to share my favourite fall spots for you to pick from.
- Schedule your shoot during the golden hour, which is typically an hour before sunset. This is my favourite time of day to shoot any type of session as this is when the light is softest and most flattering.
- Bring along some cute props. Maybe a teeny tiny pair of baby booties or your sonogram.
- Just relax and have fun! This shoot is all about capturing your natural beauty and celebrating your pregnancy. Don't worry about posing or getting everything perfect, I will direct you and help you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Just enjoy the moment and let me do the rest.
A fall maternity session is a wonderful way to document your pregnancy and create memories that you and your family will cherish for years to come.